Monday 30 April 2012

Rooftop Photoshoot

So this week looks like it's gonna be pretty busy! If all goes to plan that is (fingers crossed)
Today was the first day in a while it hasn't actually rained and I managed to get out and get a photoshoot done! I would like to thank BBC weather for predicting the forecast correctly as I had planned for the weather they had predicted. Anyway, I got to do my photoshoot on the roof of my college building which was actually a really good area to photograph and pretty cool. Here's a photo my tutor took of me on set today with my friend modelling for me and my other friend helping with the lighting :)



I purposely wanted to photograph up on the rooftop for several different reason. One of the main ones being because of being high up, I knew it would be windy and I wanted it to blow the dress around the model was wearing. Originally for this shoot I was going to use a mixture of natural lighting and a speedlight on a tripod however I found just using available light and the silver side of the big reflector gave me an awesome effect and continued to use this throughout the entire shoot. I really enjoyed doing this shoot and I feel I've got some winners within my collection :) Here's a couple of images from today before I retouch any of them.







No comments:

Post a Comment