Monday 23 April 2012

Alec Soth - Paris / Minnesota


After having the problem with the objects in my images that I was meant to be advertising but seemed to get lost. I thought about photographing them separately so they're enlarged and photoshopping them back into the image or just keeping it as a separate image altogether. Then my tutor suggested that I look at the book 'Paris / Minnesota' by Alec Soth. Within it, there is a series of images where Alec had photographed a product that had been placed in a landscape so it almost gets lost and you're playing 'Where's Wally'. For example, this is one of the images from the series. Within this woodland area is a tie. Then, towards the end of his magazine, he has zoomed in versions of his images showing where the products are. I did take this idea into account but I'm still not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment